PLEASE NOTE CPI PRODUCT WAS
DISCONTINUED IN MID 1980's
Here's the base radio built for the serious
CB'er. The dedicated hobbyist wants more than "smokey reports" and time checks
from the CB airways. He wants the best possible performance from his equipment and knows
how to get it-if only he could.
Doing away with compromises. With the CP2000B, if
the operator wants to control something himself, he can. Or he can have it done
automatically RF gain control, noise suppression, speech processing, even VSWR can be
calibrated easily and accurately right on the front panel of the CP2000B; and the results
judged from precise meter readouts.
Along with control-convenience.
Every switch, knob, meter, calibrator and LED
indicator on the CP2000B has been carefully positioned to provide the maximum in
convenience and fast, confident use.
A base station that travels. Sure, lots of mobile
units can become base stations, but here's a base station that can go mobile; simply by
unplugging the quick-disconnect AC power cable and hooking up the DC cable that comes
standard with the CP2000B.
Incredible? No, just the sort of quality and
state-of-the-art innovations you'd expect from the foremost American CB technology
house-Communications Power, Inc.
The "professional" features of the CP2000B
* Manual RF gain control with automatic override.
Uses a PIN diode attenuator for unequalled strong signal performance.
* Highly stable (--10OHz) crystal oscil- lators
deliver superior single-sideband and AM performance.
* Advanced receive RF pre-amp gives optimum db boost
with exceptional low 1.5db noise figure.
Same as the CP I "RANGE PLUS" preamp which sells for $59-95.
* High-power JFET mixer virtually wipes out
cross/inter modulation (-85db).
* Full-range clarifier (-1.5 KHz) for spot- on SSB
* 8-pole crystal filter (-80db adjacent channel
rejection) on both AM and SSB is an unequalled industry first.
* Automatic noise limiter (ANL) can be switched in
* Exclusive CPI tuned RF type noise blanker is a
built-in standard, not an 1. extra".
* Total solid-state switching-no relays.
* Wide response 3" x 5" speaker with
ceramic magnet puts out crisp, clear audio.
* Separate peak RF output and VSWR meters on
transmit. Signal strength on receive.
* Built-in logarithmic speech compressor provides
super-strong average talk power with no flat-topping or illegal splattering (bleed over).
Front panel microphone gain control allows easy setting to the desired amount of speech
compression. Same as the famous CPI "TALK POWER" which sells separately for
* Built-in FET microphone preamp.
* Heavy-duty output RF transistor is emitter
ballasted to safely withstand infinitive VSWR.
Power amp module is removable for easy service.
* Transmitter Automatic Level Control (ALC) assures
full modulation at varying speech levels.
* LED channel readout.
* External speaker and headphone out- put jacks.
* Tilt stand provides two front mounting levels.
* Total plug-in modular construction.
* Completely compatible with CPI BC-2000 Base
* Base or mobile operation. Quick dis- connect power
cables provided for both DC and AC operation.
General Channels: 40 Freq. range: 26.965 to 27.405
Freq. control: digital synthesizer (PLL).
Stability: .0005% over temp. range.
Lock time: less than one second.
Temperature range: -30C to +60 C.
Operating voltage: AC= 105-130 VAC, 60 Hz. DC= 13.6
1 1.0 VDC min, 15.5 VDC max. Size- 15.75" wide,
3.5" high, 12.0" deep
Transmitter RF Power Out- SSB: 12W PEP AM: 4W
Spurious: Harmonic: -70db.
Other spurious: -70db, min. below. mean power.
Intermod: Third order: -30db.
Fifth order: -40db below mean power.
ALC: Range greater than 30db.
Mismatch Tolerance: Infinite VSWR at all phase
Mic. Connector: Standard 4 pin type.
Receiver Receiver Type: Single conversion
At +10db S+N/'N: SSB: 0.25uV (-119dbm). AM: 0.5uV
Adjacent Channel Rejection: -80db.
Ultimate I-F rejection: -100db.
In-band Spurious: Greater than 70db down.
Image & I-F Rejection: -70db.
Cross Modulation: -85db.
Inter Modulation: -85db.
Clarifier Range: - 1.5 KHz.
Receiver Audio: Total harmonic distortion less than
3% at rated 4W audio out.
AGC: Less than l0db audio increase at inputs from
l.OuV (-107dbm) to O.lV (-7dbm).